It’s a wrap – 2019 FinPro ConferenceOctober 24, 2019
Thank-you to everyone who attended the 2019 FinPro Conference – held 16 – 18 October at RACV Cape Schanck.
Over the 3 days of the conference, speakers, sponsors and delegates explored many significant challenges facing local government finance professionals as we look to the future.
Being conscious of the environmental impact we had during the conference, we attempted to run a paper and plastic free conference. Though we didn’t do this 100%, we certainly made a significant effort in our first year in this direction with no plastic single use bottles or paper cups used by over 300 people for the three days of the conference – thank-you everyone for supporting FinPro in this goal. We will continue with this goal and work on innovative ways to meet our objectives in 2020 without compromising what we already deliver.
From our post conference survey (of which over half the delegates responded) the following conclusions can be made:
- Over 90% rated the overall conference very good or excellent
- The conference met or exceeded 98% of attendee’s expectations
- 90% of delegates felt that the conference was the right length of time
- The 4 most useful topics covered were:
- Mental Health is Important! – Wayne Schwass
- CEO Panel – Tammi Rose, Alison Leighton, Glenn Patterson
- Victorian Auditor-Generals Key Note Address – Andrew Greaves
- The Economics of Prevention – Richard Denniss
- The 4 topics that attendees want to hear more about in future FinPro PD’s were:
- Mental Health
- CEO’s Panel
- Cyber Security
- The Economics of Prevention
- Over 85% met someone new at the conference
- 97% rated the venue very good or excellent
- 74% rated the Theme Night very good or excellent
- 50% would like to make the sessions more interactive and 20% would like more break-out time
- Over 90% found that the conference was good value for money or even excellent! and
- 100% said that they would be likely to attend FinPro 2020.
- We heard that many delegates would like more interactive sessions – we will work on ideas on how to do this, and
- We learnt that many of our delegates have questions but are uncomfortable asking them in large groups – so we will work on alternative methods for asking questions too!
Most of the presentations from the conference are available for circulation to our members (as follows):
- Getting back to basics – Trang Ho (VAGO)
- FAST Funding –
- Victorian Auditor-General, Andrew Greaves (VAGO)
- Closing the gaps before hackers do! Cyber security – Gavin Levinsohn, eftsure – presentation coming
- LG Solutions for a clearer future – John O’Connor (LG Solutions)
- Procurement –
- Blockchain – Sophie Gilder CBA
- – Time Management and Productivity – Geoff Prior (Lingford Consulting)
- Ready Aim Retire – Kris Hamilton (Vision Super)
The new venue was certainly a success. Always a few teething problems moving to a new place, but overall – wow! The Mornington Peninsula certainly showcased itself proudly!
Thank-you to our wonderful sponsors and partners over the 3 days of the conference – we really appreciate your support of LG Finance Professionals.
- Commonwealth Bank
- LG Solutions
- CT Management
- Curve Securities
- Genesis Accounting
- Inlogik Pty Ltd
- IT Vision
- Laminar Capital
- Magiq Software
- Midstate CreditCollect
- National Australia Bank
- Unilink / NelNet
- Vision Super
Conf App & Charging station:
- Imperium Markets