Over 550 Members across Victoria representing all Victorian Councils
An Incorporated Association, FinPro provides professional development opportunities, networking and assistance to Local Government Finance Professionals in Victoria. With over 550 members representing over all Victorian Local Government Councils, 5 regional library corporations and over twenty other organisations.
Membership to FinPro is paid on an annual basis. Our membership year runs from 1 October through to 30 September. This is in line with our financial year. Membership is available to both individuals and organisations (corporate membership). In the case of organisations, they may nominate up to 6 individuals to be included in their membership. Membership is transferable within organisations where staff members leave their employ.
Our membership benefits include
- Receive discounted registration fees for all professional development offered by FinPro.
- Local Government Finance Professionals offers professional development to finance professionals both within Local Government and to those who service the industry eg. Auditors and consultants.
- Local Government Finance Professionals provides at least two professional development one-day seminars annually, as well as an Annual Conference.
- Opportunity to be part of the FinPro Yammer Online Forum
- FinPro is managed by an Executive of up to 15 members who are elected annually at the Associations Annual General Meeting.
- Receive updates about the standards of accounting and financial management in Local Government by providing low cost, high quality education and training.
- Promote the image of Local Government accountants and financial administrators.
- Be given the opportunity to represent the members in policy making forums, and Participate in a networking forum to allow industry wide efficiencies to be rapidly taken up across the state.
- The ability to vote on matters affecting the organisation including the election of the Executive.
Types of Memberships available
FinPro offers three types of membership
Council membership is open to all Victorian Councils. Any number of people employed by the council can be nominated as member of FinPro, and thus receive all the benefits associated with membership. Membership for the year ended 30 September 2021 is $740.00 (inc. GST) – FinPro Council Membership Form 20.21
Individual membership is open to any finance professional involved in the Local Government sector. Individual membership for the year ended 30 September 2021 is $150.00 (inc. GST) –FinPro Individual Membership 20.21
Corporate Partnership is offered to all commercial organisations who support the vision of FinPro and enables organisations to contineu their relationship with FinPro members during COVID. The Partnership is for the year ended 30 September 2021 and is $400 for small business (turnover of less that $10M) and $900 for large businesses (turnover greater than $10M) – FinPro Corporate Partnership 20.21
How to become a Member
There are 2 steps to follow in becoming a member or renewing a membership
1. Complete membership form
- FinPro Council Membership Form 20.21 ($740 including GST for as many staff from one organisation as requested) or
- FinPro Individual Membership 20.21($150 including GST for an individual)
- FinPro Corporate Partnership 20.21 ($400 for small business (turnover of less that $10M) and $900 for large businesses (turnover greater than $10M)
2. Make Payment
- Once the relevant form (as per above) has been completed, it is to be emailed to the FinPro Executive Officer for processing. Payment will then be requested at that stage
To learn more about the Membership benefits and general information about FinPro activities, please contact us using our online form.