FinPro Conference 2014 – Changing TimesFebruary 26, 2014
February 26 2014 saw the Opening of the 2014 FinPro Conference. A significant conference in the history of Victorian Local Government, the conference marked the 25th Annual Conference of FinPro and also the 20th anniversary of Local Government Reform in Victoria.
200 delegates and sponsors attended the Opening Gala Dinner at the Novotel Forest Resort Creswick and heard from the Hon. Jeffrey Kennett as he gave his perspective 20 years on from the reform.
Over the 2 days of the conference a number of interesting sessions including:
- VAGO reports from both the Victorian Auditor General John Doyle and the Sector Director Tim Loughnan
- Accounting Standards Update from John Gavans, Crowe Horwath
- Economic Outlook by John Peters, CBA
- Impacts to Local Government on the NDIS and the Rederal Health Reform – Jim Karabinis, Moonee Valley City Council
- Financial Planning and Reporting – What is on the Horizon? – Bruce Dobson ICAA Model Budget Taskforce, Daniel -Shea (LGV), and Amelia Chapman and Mark Davies (LGV)
A copy of the program and presentations given at the conference follows:
Many thanks to all the team that worked together to produce a very successful conference. Thanks too to the wonderful sponsors of the conference:
- Platinum Sponsor – TechnologyOne
- Gold Sponsor – Commonwealth Bank
- Silver Sponsors – Chameleon, Civica, Computron, Bankwest, Genesis Accounting, IMB, ING Direct and the NAB.
- Lunch Sponsors – Midstate Credit Collect
- Happy Hour Sponsors – Manheim
- Dinner Sponsor – CT Management