Model Budget 2017/18February 17, 2017
The fifteenth edition of the Victorian City Council Model Budget Guide for the 2017/18 financial year was announced by James Scott, Chair of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) Local Government Model Budget Taskforce, on Thursday 16 February 2017 at the FinPro Professional Development Seminar.
This edition of the Guide builds on previous editions in improving the usefulness of the budget to financial users. It responds to feedback from FinPro members received at a workshop at the end of the 2016 FinPro Conference. In particular, local government financial professionals were asking for the Guide to be clearer about what information is mandatory and what information is considered best practice.
Minor changes have been made to the Guide this year include the following:
- Changes to reflect the 2% rate cap.
- Reduced repetition in the initial summary sections.
- A section was added to summarise compliance with the rate cap.
On behalf of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Local Government Taskforce, we hope this is a tool that you will find beneficial for your Council. The updated Model Budget guide 2017/18 is available for download from the FinPro website.
The documents included on the website comprise:
- The full Model Budget Guide inclusive of introductions and commentary (PDF format).
- Word Version Victorian City Council Model Budget 2017-18 – Word Template – Final (002) – Review by CAANZ
- Excel Version Victorian City Council Model Budget 2017-18 – Excel Template – Final
The Model Budget Guide will also be included on the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand website shortly.
James Scott, CA
CAANZ Local Government Model Budget Taskforce Chair