FinPro Seminar – 16 June 2023 @ MCECJune 20, 2023
Our second Professional Development Day for the year was held last Friday, 16 June, at the Clarendon Auditorium, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. This in-person event promised valuable insights, engaging presentations, and ample networking opportunities for FinPro members and local government finance professionals – and it delivered in spades.
With over 250 attendees, there was a real buzz in the room, and the full program offered a variety of topics to suit attendees.
Though not all speakers used presentation notes, those that did have generously shared their notes and they are available here for review and reflection.
Highlights of the seminar were:
- Outstanding leadership in the public sector: attendees gained insights from esteemed leader John Merritt on leadership in the public sector. (no presentation to share)
- Prepare for the audit cycle with VAGO: Travis Derricott, Sector Director at VAGO, provided guidance on navigating the audit process – Presentation Slides – VAGO 16.6.23
- Services Victoria: Learn about their role in government and how they aim to improve service offerings while reducing operating costs – Presentation Slides – Service Victoria 16.6.23
- IT Systems Transformation Panel: A great discussion with professionals who shared their experiences and insights on systems transformation projects – the good, the bad and the ugly – Header Slides – IT Systems Transformation Panel Discussion 16.6.23
- Unlocking the potential of AI: Anthony England, General Manager at Affinda, explored an introduction to AI, including the applications and benefits of Artificial Intelligence – Presentation slides – Anthony England – An intro to AI 16.6.23
A big thank-you to our Lunch-time Sponsors – Payble Pty Ltd, and especially Elliott Donazzan, their Managing Director and Co-founder who attended and shared their st