2020/21 Council Budget Parameters and Budget Adoption TimelinesJuly 9, 2020
FinPro conducted a survey of councils to understand some of the budget parameters and budget adoption timelines for the 2020/21 financial year.
This survey was conducted in response to a number of queries received from our members. Hopefully it provides you with a useful point of reference.
As councils have adopted their budgets, the survey information has been updated and we can now provide a final consolidated picture post 31 August 2020, as follows:
Thank you to all Councils for your input to date.
Following on from this survey, in August 2020 FinPro prepared a paper supporting the budget information. FinPro – Letter and report to Sector 2020 – Rates Budget and COVID-19
This paper has been distributed to the following:
- Minister for Local Government, The Hon. Shaun Leane
- Victorian Auditor-General, Mr Andrew Greaves
- Acting Executive Director LGV – Mr Colin Morrison
- CEO MAV – Ms Kerry Thompson
- All Council CEO’s and Mayors (via the general council email addresses)
- All FinPro Members