FinPro Professional Development Day – Friday 21 February 2020February 25, 2020
Over 270 delegates attended our first Professional Development day for the year, representing 70 Victorian Councils and a number of regional library corporations.
It was an information filled day as delegates heard from 13 speakers over the course of the day, covering a range of topics of interest to local government finance professionals. Some of the topics were specific and technical, some innovative and all relevant.
- Update from the ESC – Angelina Garces , Senior Regulatory Manager, Local Government at the ESC
- Update from VAGO – Sanchu Chummar, Acting Sector Director, Local Government at VAGO
- Current LG Issues – John Brockway and Danny Wain , FinPro Executive Members
- Climate Risk through a finance & Liability Lens – Charlotte Turner, MinterEllison and David Meiklejohn, NAGA
- The Economy and YieldHub, Andrew Murray and Jason Marsham, Curve Securities
- Using data to read the wellbeing of our municipality – Jessica Christainsen-Franks (no presentation available)
- Citizenship and what it means for LG today – Justin Hanney, CEO Melbourne City Council (no presentation available)
- Launch of the Model Budget 2020/21 and the Model Financial Statements 2019/20 – Daniel O’Shea, LGV and Martin Thompson, Crowe
- Proposed Local Government Act 2020 and beyond, Graeme Emonson , LGV
As a follow up to the sessions presented there will be a webinar run on Monday 2 March 2020 from 12 noon until 2pm to run through the finer details of both the Model Budget and the Model Financial Statements. This is a Free webinar and bookings can be made at: REGISTER HERE
Thank-you to everyone who attended the day as well as our wonderful speakers and our sponsors of the day – Curve Securities.