2019 FinPro Leadership ProgramMay 30, 2019
Hands up if you would like to be a financial leader in Local Government!
The 31st May 2019 sees the launch of the 2019 FinPro Leadership Program. This exciting and established Program is aimed at those who see themselves as future leaders in Local Government Finance or Finance Leaders new to the sector who want to learn more about the intricacies of Local Government.
FinPro is proud to make this program available to FinPro members and thanks Vision Super, our Program Partners again in 2019.
The course, titled Financial Management Leadership Development Program, will give up to 12 successful applicants the rare opportunity to participate in a 2 ½ day residential program plus partake in a follow-up 12 month mentoring program facilitated by FinPro. It will be run from Sunday 15 – Wednesday 18 September 2019 at Country Place Kalorama (in the Dandenong Ranges).
During the program participants will be given the chance to enhance their leadership and management capabilities.
The course content is aimed at preparing people for a leadership role in Local Government Finance and beyond.
Participants in the program will work with Industry leaders to gain knowledge and practical experience in a range of topics that include:
– Overview of Local Government Finance – Marc Giglio, Director Corporate Services, Banyule CC
– Rates and Valuations Management – Danny Wain, CFO, Monash City Council
– Managing Performance – Mark Moore, Centre for Organisation Development
– Authentic Leadership plus Myers Briggs (MBTI) Personality Type Assessment – Margaret Devlin, CFOD
– Practical Financial Management Workshop – Mick Jaensch, Director Corporate Services, Greater Dandenong CC
– Public Speaking and Effective Communications – Mark Brady, Director Corporate Services, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
– Local Government Governance – Celia Robinson, Coordinator Governance, Corporate Affairs, Wyndham CC
– What it takes to be a leader in Local Government – Graeme Emonson, Executive Director, LGV
At the completion of the Program participants will take part in a 12 month Mentoring Program. Participants will be matched with a senior Finance Professional from within the Local Government Sector.
This Program will be facilitated by FinPro and is aimed at helping the participants learn new skills and achieve their
Applications to be involved in the 2019 Program must be via the attached form. FinPro 2019 Leadership Program Information and Application Form
Applications close Monday 1 July 2019.