FinPro AGM 2015 And Election Of 2015/16 FinPro Executive TeamNovember 23, 2015
This year we held out AGM as part of the 2015 FinPro Conference. A new time to hold the AGM as we have always held it as a separate event later in November or early December. The positive side of this is that there were more present than usual. The downside is that many of us will miss out this year on our End of Year Luncheon that has previously followed the AGM.
It is with pleasure that I write to advise of the newly elected FinPro Executive for year ended 30 September 2016. The Executive as elected are:
- Amy Montalti – Team Leader Financial Accounting – Whittlesea City Council (new)
- Ange Marshall – Manager Finance Procurement and Rates, Yarra Ranges Shire Council (returning)
- Bradley Thomas – Manager Finance – Mount Alexander Shire Council (new)
- Brett Exelby – Manager Finance – Bass Coast Shire Council (returning)
- Danny Wain – Chief Financial Officer – Monash City Council (returning)
- David Filmalter – Chief Financial Officer – Port Phillip City Council (returning)
- Greg Hall – Chief Financial Officer – Boroondara City Council (returning)
- Jon Gorst – Manager Finance and Property Services – Knox City Council (new)
- Kim Jaensch – Manager Financial Services – Frankston City Council (new)
- Majenta Rose – Team Leader Corporate Accounting – Greater Shepparton City Council (new)
- Marc Giglio – Manager Finance & Information Services – Whitehorse City Council
- Shane Marr – Chief Financial Strategist – Brimbank City Council (returning)
- Travis Harling – Finance Manager – City of Greater Bendigo (new)
The first meeting of the newly appointed Executive will be held on Friday 11 December 2015 and at that meeting the group will elect the Office Bearers from within the Executive ie. President, Vice-President etc. Once these positions have been filled the FinPro website will be updated to reflect this information.
Congratulations to all who nominated and all who were elected. Your contribution as volunteers to our group organisation is really appreciated by all FinPro members. Thank-you too to Philip Mason from Yarra City Council who again acted as our Returning Officer for the AGM. As always, a job well done Phil!
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank those members of the FinPro Executive who did not re-nominate this year for the Executive, namely David Woodhams (Strathbogie Shire Council), Hamish Munro (Hobsons Bay City Council) and Phu Nguyen (Melbourne City Council). These three gentlemen have all been long term members of the FinPro Executive and the work they have done and the efforts they have made over the years is really appreciated. All have been involved in a number of specific projects over the years with Hamish having been a Vice-President of FinPro and Chair of the Technical Committee, David has also been a very active member of the Technical Committee and has given a ‘voice’ to our rural Councils, and Phu has been a long-serving member of our Professional Development Committee and represented FinPro on the Model Financial Statements Taskforce.
We cannot thank-you all enough for your significant contribution to our organisation.