FinPro Annual Conference 2019August 19, 2019
We are delighted to announce that registrations are now open for the 2019 FinPro (Local Government Finance Professionals) Conference, to be held at RACV Cape Schanck from Wednesday 16 October through to Friday 18 October 2019.
Our conference theme: ‘2020 Vision’ is aimed at looking clearly to the future. Sometimes we get so busy just handling the daily routine of our roles that it becomes hard to plan for the future. This conference will give you the opportunity to look forward – what is ahead of us as finance professionals? How can we prepare for the future? How do we arm ourselves with the correct tools and skills to thrive?
All FinPro Members are invited to attend this important conference.
We are excited to have a number of Key Note Speakers including:
- Andrew Greaves – Auditor-General, Victoria
- CEO Panel discussing the future of Local Government – Tammi Rose (Yarra Ranges Shire), Alison Leighton (Baw Baw Shire) and Glenn Patterson (Casey City Council)
- Nerida Consibee – Economist with REA Group.
- Wayne Schwass – Mental Health Advocate, PukaUp
Regional Meeting Opportunities
Each of the Victorian Regional Groups will meet at the commencement of the conference to share issues and ideas – Northern Victoria, South West Victoria, South East Victoria, Metropolitan and North Metro Group and Western Metro Groups. This session will run from 12.30 – 2.30 and lunch is provided during these meetings.
We encourage our members to support our 2019 FinPro Conference Sponsors
To be able to accommodate all our delegates, sponsors and speakers at RACV Cape Schanck we are asking for a greater level of twin share rooms than we have asked for in prior years.
We will off-set the inconvenience of having to share by offering the following benefits:
- A guaranteed room within the same building as the conference – All those electing to share in twin rooms will be allocated accommodation in the main hotel.
- Lower price for accommodation – Share accommodation will be $300 per person (as against $550 per person for a single room)
- The chance to win a prize – All those electing to share will go into the random draw to win one of two ‘day spa vouchers’ to attend the One Spa at RACV Cape Schanck Resort. This can be used during the free time allocated during the conference on either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon.
FinPro has always been committed to accommodating everybody who would like to attend our events. We would like to continue to do this, and with your help, we will be able to again this year at our conference. If we do not have enough of our delegates opting to share in a twin room then we may have to consider reducing the numbers that can attend from each council!
We particularly thank the Commonwealth Bank – our Platinum Sponsors again in 2019.
For enquiries about the conference, or anything FinPro, please contact Gabrielle Gordon – email@example.com or 0400 114 015