FinPro Mentoring Program – EOI for MentorsApril 12, 2023
The FinPro Mentoring Program is an initiative that has been developed over the past 6 years to provide ongoing support to members who participate in the ‘FinPro Leadership Program’.
In the Program, a mentor is paired with a mentee (participant in the Leadership Program). Over a period of 12 months, the paired mentor and mentee meet in person or virtually each month, providing them with the opportunity to develop the concepts learnt during the Leadership Program workshop (7-10 May 2023).
The Program also provides an opportunity for additional ongoing guidance, support and feedback to help develop local governments’ future leaders.
We have developed a 2023 FinPro Mentoring Program. A best practice guide to assist mentors and mentees to achieve the most they can from our program.
Apply now to be a Mentor for our 2023 Program – EOI’s close Wednesday 3 May 2023.
How does the program work?
- Mentees and mentors are paired at the start of the program (10 May 2023) and meet regularly, wither face-to-face, via video link, or over the phone over the following 12 months.
- The mentees for this year’s program will be those who are successful in their application, and subsequently attend the 2023 Financial Management and Leadership Development Program at Country Place Kalorama from 7- 10 May 2023.
- The mentors for the program will be selected from within the FinPro membership. Suitable mentors will be those FinPro Members who have significant local government experience and who are willing to offer their time to support the development of local government’s future leaders.
- We are seeking EOI’s from within our FinPro membership from anyone interested in taking on a role as a mentor. No previous experience in mentoring is necessary.
- We will provide both training and resources, however you must have at least 8 years’ experience in finance, including at least 3 in a leadership role in the LG sector, along with a desire to support the growth and development of others in the sector.
- All FinPro Members who seek to be a mentor for this program will be required to complete an online Mentor EOI application.
- Mentor EOI’s are open now and close on Wednesday 3 May 2023 to allow our team time to match our mentees with our mentors.
- The FinPro Mentoring Assessment Group will review all applications and allocate mentors to mentees according to a set criterion of location, suitability and experience.
- Matched pairs will be notified on Wednesday 10 May 2023 when the Mentoring Program officially commences, and a digital function introducing the program will be held shortly after.
- The Program officially ends on 31 May 2024.