FinPro Webinar – Your questions answered – 20 May 2021May 24, 2021
As Councils are thick into budgets, implementing the changes required as a result of the new LGA, as well as thinking about preparing year end accounts and being audited, there are always a lot of questions. To assist, FinPro ran an online, interactive Question and Answer session. This was an opportunity for members to ask the questions you may have around any of these topics, or raise questions around anything else that you think our panel might be able to assist with.
During the session Sanchu Chummar (VAGO) also provided an update from his office:
- How to access 79 Councils data for benchmarking purposes? Demonstrate VAGO data dashboard and 2020 LG Report.
- Key messages for 2021 audit cycle. Revenue accounting/ Contract renewal and lease accounting/ COVID disclosures.
- Administrative matters and general updates.
Our Panelists were:
- Sanchu Chummar, Acting Sector Director, Local Government, VAGO
- Daniel O’Shea, Program Manager Finance and Reporting, LGV
- Martin Thompson, Partner – Audit, Crowe
- Tony Rocca – Vice-President FinPro (Technical Committee) and Manager Finance and Governance, Maroondah City Council
- Fiona Rae – Manager Finance, Golden Plains Shire and FinPro Executive member
Our Facilitator was:
- Danny Wain – Executive Member FinPro (Technical Committee) and CFO, Monash City Council