Applications now open – 2018 Financial Management Leadership ProgramMay 31, 2018
FinPro pleased to announce that applications are now open for a place at this years Financial Management Leadership Skills Program. We thank Vision Super, our Program Partners, for their continued support in providing this valuable program to our members.
This Program is aimed at those who see themselves as future leaders in Local Government Finance.
The program will give up to 12 successful applicants the rare opportunity to participate in a 2 ½ day residential program plus partake in a follow-up 12 month mentoring program facilitated by FinPro.
During the program participants will be given the chance to enhance their leadership and management capabilities. The course content is aimed at preparing people for a leadership role in Local Government Finance and beyond. Participants in the program will work with Industry leaders to gain knowledge and practical experience in a range of topics that include:
- Overview of Local Government Finance – Marc Giglio, Director Corporate Services, Banyule CC
- Rates and Valuations Management – Danny Wain, CFA, Monash City Council
- Managing Performance – Mark Moore, Centre for Organisation Development
- Authentic Leadership plus Myers Briggs (MBTI) Personality Type Assessment – Margaret Devlin, Centre for Organisation Development
- Practical Financial Management Workshop – Mick Jaensch, Director Corporate Services, City of Greater Dandenong
- Public Speaking and Effective Communications – Mark Brady, General Manager Finance & Organisation Development, Bass Coast Shire
- Local Government Governance – Celia Robinson, Coordinator Governance, Corporate Affairs, Wyndham City Council
- What it takes to be a leader in Local Government – Graeme Emonson, Executive Director, Local Government Victoria
At the completion of the Program participants will take part in a 12 month Mentoring Program. They will be matched with a senior Finance Professional from the Local Government Sector. This Program will be facilitated by FinPro and is aimed at helping the participants learn new skills and achieve their individual goals.
The Financial Management Leadership Development Program 2018 will be held at Country Place, Kalorama. The program commences at 2.00pm sharp Sunday 16 September 2018 and concludes 5pm Tuesday 18 September 2018. All meals and accommodation are included in the program and participants are expected to stay onsite for the duration of the program.
It is the responsibility of the participant to make their own transport arrangements to and from Country Place, Kalorama.
The program launch on Friday 1 June 2018 will be at the FinPro Professional development Seminar held at CPA Australia.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 30 June 2018 and the successful applicants will be announced Monday 30 July 2018.
Application should only be made by those who are available to attend the program from Sunday 16 September – Tuesday 18 September 2018.
Applications must be completed as per the Financial Management Leadership Development Program Application Form requirements: 2018 Financial Management Leadership Development Program – Application Form
If there are any queries at all relating to the Program or the Application please contact:
Executive Officer, FinPro
Mobile: 0400 114 015
Email: [email protected]