FinPro Professional Development Day 23 February 2018February 26, 2018
250 members attended our Professional Development Day last Friday, 23 February 2018 at CPA Australia. It was a beautiful day and the venue was filled with delegates from 73 Victorian Councils, 3 Regional Councils and consultants to our sector.
CPA Australia welcomed all our delegates and showed many through their facilities – thank-you to all staff involved for their hospitality and warmth shown to our delegates: they certainly were the perfect hosts.
The program was filled with technical information and updates from various agencies – all information to be shared. For a listing of speakers and copies of the presentations please refer below:
- Economic Outlook – presented by Janu Chan, Economist, Bank of Melbourne download here
- Update on Accounting Standards – presented by Martin Thompson, Senior Partner, Crowe Horwath download here
- Launch of Model Budget and Model Financial Statements (as above) – for further detailed information please book in to the webinar to be held on Thursday 8 March 2018 – please register you details at the following link
- Update from LGV – Presented by Gerry Smith, Director Sector Innovation, Performance and Resilience, Local Government Victoria – download here
- Innovative Business opportunities within Local Government – Creating and Capturing Value – Presented by Kate Roffey, Director City Economy, Innovation and Livability, Wyndham City Council – no notes available
- Update from the Valuer-General Victoria, presented by Robert Marsh, Victorian Valuer-General – download here
- Update from VAGO – Presented by Tim Loughnan, Director LG Audit, VAGO download here
Thank-you to all who attended and those who presented, and thank-you to CPA Australia for hosting us on the day.