Independent member – Audit and Risk Committee
- Position Name:
- Independent member – Audit and Risk Committee
- Yarra City Council
A vacancy exists for an independent member of the Audit and Risk Committee of Yarra City Council. Independent members receive remuneration for their role.
The term for independent members is three years. Individual appointments may vary in length to achieve an orderly rotation of membership.
- have senior business or financial management/reporting knowledge and experience, be tertiary qualified in Business, Commerce, Accounting or other related disciplines from either the private or public sectors
- be knowledgeable about the duties and responsibilities of the position as outlined in the Charter; especially in relation to Government operations, financial reporting and auditing requirements, risk management, and corporate governance in addition aware of the complexity of Council service delivery and infrastructure challenges would be desirable
- maintain a broad understanding of the legal requirements of the Local Government Act 1989 and the Local Government Act 2020.
- have the requisite industry, business, financial and leadership skills, possess strong interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills
Applications close on Monday, 9 August 2021.
A copy of the Committee Charter is available at https://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/about-us/advisory-committees/audit-and-risk-committee
For more information and how to apply visit www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/about-us/careers
EOI’s close Monday 9 August 2021
- Posting Date:
- Closing Date: